Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dream Sequence

So, I had that dream again. You know? The one where my feet are perfect? Yep, that one. Well, imagine my surprise once again awaking from that dream, and damned if it was just another lie. Crud. 

 

Yeah, I have that dream every few years. I get to wear nice sexy Italian loafers, run a mile in less than four minutes, climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, dance with the stars till 5 AM, do every museum in Paris in three days flat, take the grand-kids to some damned theme park for an all-day outing - blah-blah-blah - then get up the next morning and do it all again. No pain. No worries.


Right.


I hate that dream. Just a big tease, but no delivery.


At least when I wake up from one of my flying dreams, I know what to expect - gravity still works. I enjoy those dreams.


A lot.

2 comments:

  1. Funny thing,I never really thought about until reading this, I have never dreamed of having standard issue feet. But for decades I used to dream about having no teeth. I'd wake up all freaked out while running my tongue over my gums and then as I'd awaken I'd realize it was just a dream. After years of having the dream I finally figured out why I had it. I use my teeth to compensate on tasks that my limited manual dexterity makes impossible. Once I realized that losing my teeth would also result in less independence the dream went away. I haven't had one like it since. The mind is an incredible thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dreams always involve me running across really green hilly landscapes. I love the feeling of the wind in my hair...then I wake up :(

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!