Monday, March 25, 2013

What's Important to Remember

I have club feet. I am not club feet. They are a part of who I am. They are not who I am. 


I experience chronic pain. I am not chronic pain. Pain is a part of who I am. Pain has shaped my life in many ways. Pain is not my life.


I have struggled because of my club feet and pain. My struggle is not just my club feet and pain. Struggle is a part of life. Struggle is not all that life is.



All that I am includes things that are difficult, and things that are less so, things that are neutral, and things that allow me to soar, things done to me, and things I do. I am not any one of these things. I am all of these things.

1 comment:

  1. I really, really like this a lot. Thanks for sharing and if it is okay I'd like
    to print it out and put it on my fridge and my positive book.

    Sunshine girl

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!