Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What a Heel! Part Deaux

Well, in my efforts to get this heel spur issue resolved, I went in for another prolotherapy session. Painfuuuulllll! (say it in a very high, squeaky voice, then pass out, for full effect.) But the fun was just beginning. It turns out that inducing inflammation (which is part of the prolo process, by the way), can on occasion have a cascade effect - inflammation squared, you might say. So imagine my delight upon waking up Sunday (the session was Saturday morning) to discover my foot was swollen about like that really bad boil you had last spring. You know the one - you just knew if it didn't subside soon, it was going to go volcanic all on its ownsome, because the skin simply had no more room to stretch? Yeah - call it Pop-a-palooza. So there I was, completely unable to even flex my ankle without screeching pain, like a 16 penny nail being driven into my heel with a pile driver. Every motion. Every single bloody motion. Oh, joy.

So, crutches, cold packs, hot soaks (both of which produced their own special pains,) elevate, massage (oh, no you can't!!!) drugs (what kind of weak soup do they make these things from?) When I take a med for pain, by gummy, I want to feel NOTTHING!!!! What's a guy gotta do to get some relief around this dump???!!@!

So, the doctor, (nice guy, by the way, sends me jokes by email,) says, take aspirin, elevate that sucker, cold and hot soaks, and (you will just LOVE this one ) time. Time, he says!! That's easy for him to say! He doesn't have to try and walk on pitchforks, does he?

Two days off work. Back today, but with a rigid cast shoe (I'm telling everyone else it was a skiing accident, but for some reason, they just laugh at me - must know me too well. Note to self - Have to change that.) Crutches, too. Makin' my arm pits ache. Giving me a 10-scale back ache. Giving me grief. Yeah, I know, it will settle down, and be better in the long term. Well, I have my own term for that weak-assed explanation:

Phooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!