Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Things Are Too Quiet Out There!

Well, its probably because I've been a bit busy these last few days, and haven't kept up with the demands of blogging AND my day job. There does appear to be a problem with the blog, however - it won't appear on a Google search! This despite doing all the things Google recommends to make the site more visible to search engines. Except for one thing, that is.

I need other sites linking to this one, so the blog comes up in other site searches as a link. So, I ask you, dear readers, to mention this blog on other sites you pay attention to, in hopes it will generate more traffic. Then maybe we can get more clubby's taking the survey!

Remember - it's over there, on the right!

On another note, I have been reading through other books and papers re: club feet, and hope to be able to synthesize some more interesting tidbits. Especially on a study that looked at the efficacy of the Ponsetti method. Won't do us post-club-footers much good, but it does represent a hopeful sign that there's an increasingly rosier future for the newly arrived clubbys. Give me a few days to complete some more reading, and then to compose myself. Dog knows, I clearly lack composure!

7 comments:

  1. Just a quick catch up, I have written several biographies over the years that I am trying to locate. My memory is not as clear as it used to be and I want to be accurate when I complete the survey.

    I have been talking to my mom to help piece together what happened. She gave me some pictures that I haven't seen in years to help fill in some holes. I will scan them and add them to my pictures on the Clubfoot site.

    Finally, the leg length issue was addressed once. My mother reminded me that at some point, the docs wanted to do leg lengthening surgery (surprise, surprise they wanted to address my issues with surgery). The issue was never addressed again and my mom's memory is that the difference was at least an inch. I have just dealt with it, like everything else.---Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a link to your survey on the Facebook group. Hope you get some responses. (Still working on getting Peter on the computer!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Gail, I hope you have a strong computer, otherwise Peter might not be too comfortable on it:-) (Yeah, I know, silly joke - but, as mi esposa tells me nearly every day, its probably pathological!)

    By the way, what is the Facebook page you posted to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got my new custom shoes in the mail. So far, so good. I have some concerns I will address in the version 2.0 of these things, but I'm in the right direction. I can post a picture... or can I?

    I need to do a little research to accurately answer the survey. Turns out I don't know a lot about my feet, except how they are now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puckett,

    Glad to post a picture, as soon as I figure it out! For now, just send it to my email - pisnoopy2003@yahoo.com, and I'll put it in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe the fb group is called "adults/teens with clubfoot".

    We are also trying to piece together what we can about Peter's surgeries. Doctors back then did not share much information. It was the "we know what's best for you" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail,

    Thanks for the link - unfortunately you have to be a member of FB, which I have mixed feelings about right now, but i may crawl out from under that particular rock sooner than later, who knows. BTW, I am glad you held yourself above the fray by not "biting" on my bad joke. My wife knows the same trick!

    As for the "we know what's best for you" attitude - has anyone out there actually met a doctor who has themselves to contend with post-club feet? No? Me either. It's hard to know what the hell you are talking about if you haven't walked a lifetime in our shoes, eh? We should maybe suggest they have their feet bound for one year. Might learn 'em a little humility, ya think?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!