Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Have a Clubby Thanksgiving, One and All!

Its a tradition in the Bumbus household to give thanks to all who impacted our lives in the previous year (except regarding politicians.) It is with that spirit that I am launching the First Annual Thanks for All The Clubby Stuff that may or may not have touched my life. I urge you, dear Readers, to offer your own where appropriate.

1. I am thankful to have pretty much recovered from a very bad knee injury and a spinal surgery. But not for the hospital food. I am especially grateful to Doc Smith, Prolotherapy Wunderkind, for needling me back to health. Way to stick it to me, Doc!

2. I am thankful for my dearest of dearness, oh She of the High Level of Tolerance (except as regards all the condiments crammed into the refer - that peeves her Mightiness mightily.)

3. I am thankful for all of the Readers of this here blog-o-mine, even those who have yet to write, comment, or throw gummy worms my way. Oh, you out there in Finland? Sorry about the weather.

4. I am thankful I can still ambulate, even if I come to resemble a fat duck more every day. At least the webbed feet add some advantage in the rainy season.

5. I am thankful that more people every day are being treated for club feet via the Ponsetti method, and that their long-term outcomes look markedly better than those of us not so fortunate. And thankful, as well, that some percentage of us not so treated had better outcomes, as well.

But mostly, I am thankful for the feedback I have received from many of you about this blog, even the several that smacked me upside the head. I don't pretend to have all the answers, mostly more questions, and having others to challenge my own assumptions is critical to helping other clubbies increase their knowledge, and hopefully, walk with a little less pain, for as long as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!