Friday, December 3, 2010

Prolo Update, Pain in the Neck, Herding Them Calves

Well, been away a bit, so not much to say about that, but waaaaay too much to say about everything else. The prolo seems to be holding on the right knee, thankfully. But my puppies have been going through a particularly rough patch of late. Think its time for new orthotics - been wearing these for a long time, and even thought they are made from old WWII tank iron, they could use a freshener. Maybe switch to titanium, eh?

The neck fusion may need a wee bit of revision - the bottom screw appears to have loosened (but they warned me of that possibility,) and they will have to go in from the back and wrap a wire around my neck. Sweet. Always thought of a garrote as something to be avoided, but what can ya do? Then again, so many people have commented about my loose screw that I wonder if I risk becoming a bobble-head.

The real issue for me currently (you really love hearing about my issues, right?) is my calves. They seem to be causing me more pain than I've ever noticed before. It makes for a feeling of weakness as I walk, and I am tending to take shorter steps as a result. It may unfortunately become a vicious circle: shorter steps mean less exercise, which leads to more atrophy, which leads to shorter steps - whew. I get tired just trying to explain it. Anyway, I keep doing research in hopes I can find even one clinician out there who has something to offer other than fusions, but little to report thus far. But stay tuned - miracles sometimes happen - the Giants, for example:-)

Well, here comes the holiday (weight-gain) season. Maybe it would help if I just kept my mouth closed? Nah - I just love pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!