Saturday, August 7, 2010

Does This Blog Have Value To You?

You might consider this my first popularity poll. Or, more accurately, a value poll. I think it is important that a blog of this type periodically poll users to find out if they still see a value in the content and tone of a blog, to learn whether you, the reader, find something of value each time you visit. And if not, to learn what would make this blog of better value, from your perspective. So, for the next few weeks, I will be putting up a poll feature, with different questions each day, to get a better sense of what changes need to be made to make this blog serve you, the reader, better.

The poll will be over there, in the sidebar. I urge you, dear readers all, to help me make this blog a place where you can get the support, information, and necessary outrage (when appropriate) to impove your life as a clubby, in this world where clubbies are often not allowed in the Big Club.

Thank you for your participation,

Notumbo

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this blog definitely has value to me. Thank you for your work on it and for suggesting it to me on the yahoo group board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire blog has value to me. Haven't touched bases in a while as I recently moved, and I haven't spent much time online as of late.

    Your tone and writing abilities are top notch, and your perspective of what we suffer is outstanding. I have sent a few readers your way already and will continue to do so.

    I am most impressed, and moved by your ability to see the issues in a holistic way.. depression, pain, social outlook and everything.. not just that we once had clubbed feet that are now 'fixed'. We experience life in a different light, unique to each of us, and your blog helps me see that I am not alone, and the issues that I face from time to time, or daily, are often manifestations of my condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn,

    My thanks for that uplifting vote - its my "profit" for this job, which of course is not a job, but definitely a necessity. I have been finding this to be the near equivalent of what I did when I made shoes (but easier on the hands, back, neck, etc.)

    By the way, I've now gone through two full prolotherapy sessions (for the knee) and the third is coming this weekend, and I have to say, I am starting to feel the knee improving and getting stronger. If the final results are what I hope they are, and what my doc tells me I have a strong possibility of getting, I plan to try it on my feet. Painful to undergo, it is, my young paduan, but undergo it I shall. Whoops - channeling fictional characters again. Must be the left-over gumbo working its infernal magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this blog has value. It comes after work and school and sometimes there's not a whole of of time left, but it's a great resource. Since you have started this site I have left a podiatrist and am now seeing one who incorporates bio-mechanics into her practice. She casted my feet (for new orthotics) while watching my knee position - I knew I was on the right track.

    You are knowledgeable and, unlike, most of the professionals we go to see, you understand because you have post club feet. You're not just guessing before we head out the door - not forgetting to stop at the desk and make our copay.

    Keep it up. I know as I get older and start to have more issues... as my feet begin to affect my work I will need a place to go for information and commiseration.

    -Puckett

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!