Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ouch. Get Centered, My Tuckus!

OK, so, yesterday, I did my third prolotherapy session, for my right knee. Only this time, we upped the ante - we also got started on my feet. Just the sinus tarsi on the left, but allover this on the right foot. Meaning, (hand swirling in large circles) ALL THIS. And I really thought I'd prepared properly, see? Fully loaded MP3 player and 4, count 'em, 4 dilaudids, whacky stoned, my spousal at the wheel. The doc LAID ON the lidocaine (ten million bees stinging all at once - fun. No, really.) But I tolerated it, yes I did. Looking at the lovely photo of some South Seas island on the ceiling, doin' that breathin' thing, blasting seriously cool tunes.

And then he started. Oh Holy Shinola. The worst session yet, 'cuz do boy was goin' DEEP. Especially in that old sinus tarsi. I have to be honest here - I screamed like an eight-year-old girl getting her first Barbie. And folks? No, over here, look this way - yep, that's right, over here! I did that about thirty times. Now, this was the most pain meds I've taken yet for these sessions, but maybe it was the humidity, or maybe my nerves are so seriously smacked that it's gonna take full-blown general anesthetics to go through another session like that.

Thing is, I know I'm totally over-enervated in those areas, so it should really come as no surprise. Maybe I can stop off at the dentist first, and get hit across the back of the head with a tank of nitrous. Wake me up when its over, eh?

OK, enough b-in and m-in - I can tell the therapy is having an over-all positive effect, so I am going to stick with it. But seriously, if I'd had a gun, there'd a been a bang, kids. I mean, I gave Jamie Lee Curtis a real run for her money, as scream queen. Poor doc. Musta thought I was gonna smack him.

Sure did WANT to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!