Thursday, August 26, 2010

Prolo Check-in, and Other Distractions

It is now 5 days after my last prolotherapy session. The pain has almost completely subsided, about as long as it took after the second session. The knee is feeling much stronger, but its far too early to say anything about the effects on my feet, as we only just started that part of the process. I'll keep you all updated on the progress. You can also go here to learn more about prolo.

My shoe guy, Salvadore, is now into his mid-seventies. He just had to go in to have a portion of a lung removed (life-long smoker, unfortunately.) He's back home, and says he will start working again next week, but I don't know - I tried to tell him its time to retire, take it easy, but he's too dedicated to his customers, and not one of his five sons wanted to go into the business.

Anyway, I am coming to terms with the fact I need to locate another shoemaker, who is willing to work with me around my specific needs. And my preliminary search was a real bomb. You know, at one time, there were thousands of shoemakers in this country. Today, I think the number is in the low hundreds, if not less. Me, I'm gittin' old and creaky, so I'll probably squeak by. But all you youngsters out there? When the feet really hit the fan? I do feel for you - its gonna be tough getting the right footwear. As you can see over on the right hand bar, I am trying to constantly update and expand the Resources/Links section, to help respond to this impending crisis, but I need all your help in doing so. Please send me links to shoemakers, pedorthists, etc., who have helped you out. Maybe together we can keep them busy enough to hire and train more shoemakers. Do your part for the clubbies of the future!!

OK - back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Truth About Talipes! Your comments are welcome, and strongly encouraged. We with post-club feet are the best sources of information about the issues we face. Join in! (If your comment fails to appear, make a second attempt - Blogger is known to have "issues" with Comment upload from time to time.) And right now, it seems it does not want to display comments on the main page, but it will show them for individual posts, so don't give up yet!!!